Friday, March 14, 2008

My Experience With A Red Phone

At Taegan Goddard's Political Wire I just found a little post about Senator Clinton's experience being overstated "in serious ways."

In light of this news the following theory came to me: "If Hillary Clinton is overstating her experience, one of the hallmarks of her entire campaign, then perhaps she's overstating other things as well." Well, I had to put my theory to the test. So here's what I did.

It was 3 in the morning. I called the Clinton campaign with an emergency. But all I got was a voice recording to tell me to call back during business hours. I called back at 3 pm. They answered. And I said, "Jeez Louise...I think you guys lied on that youtube ad. You said you'd be there to answer the phone at 3 am when my children were sleeping. Instead you only answered at 3 pm when my hypothetical children are awake."

Their reply revealed that they weren't lying but simply overstating reality: "it is 3 am somewhere in the world and someone's children were sleeping."*

*This story was a dramatization. May Not Have Actually Occurred (in other words, the experience I recounted may be as exaggerated as Hillary Clinton's experience)

No comments: