Saturday, April 12, 2008

I Hate Politics

So Barack Obama said the truth. That people cling to religion and guns. They fucking do. This does not de-legitimize either religion or guns. It just points out that in some cases people cling to them because they're desperate. That's true. It has always been true. What's the problem? That it's true?

For example, let me provide some other true remarks: police officers are allowed to arrest people. That's true. Is that controversial? Perhaps to hard core anarchists. But it's still true. Oh, here's another: five year olds wet their pants more often than sixteen year olds on average. This is true. But the "Sixteen Year Olds On Average Wet Their Pants More Often Than Five Year Old" Party thinks that's controversial. Oh, here's another one: that people without much hope for economic opportunity often cling to religion and guns out of desperation. Oh my! I think I shall faint for never has my fragile constitution been so blatantly challenged by such controversial remarks! Oh my!

No comments: