Sunday, October 19, 2008

Stranger Than Really Strange Fiction

Um...so Judith Miller is a new contributor to Fox News. This is the same Judith Miller of the NY Times that did misleading reporting that helped get the US into war with Iraq.

Miller will be an on-air analyst and will write for Fox's Web site. "She has a very impressive résumé," says Senior Vice President John Moody. "We've all had stories that didn't come out exactly as we had hoped. It's certainly something she's going to be associated with for all time, and there's not much anyone can do about that, but we want to make use of the tremendous expertise she brings on a lot of other issues. . . . She has explained herself and she has nothing to apologize for."


We've all had stories that didn't come out exactly as we had hoped? I'm trying to suppress my laughter here. Okay. I'm trying to find a rational sounding way to tackle that comment by Mr. Moody. I mean. Um. I uh...I'm kind of at a loss for words.

How does Jon Stewart come out with new material? The sheer reality of Fox News is much more satirical of itself than the words of any satirist.

Can we all be sure of one thing? Whether the US ever gets to be like what it once was before Judith Miller and Fox News or whether we fall into obscurity, in the long view, Fox News will be thought of as being on the wrong side of history. Why do people not care about their being on the wrong side of history? I mean, they're egomaniacs. Don't they want history to look well on them?

I'm just...who writes this shit?

No comments: