Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Time's Person of the Year 2008

Andrew Slack, a student of my father (and one of the only readers of this blog) and one of the only readers of this blog was mentioned in last year's Time Magazine's Person of the Year issue. The year before, Time had named the Person of the Year as "You"...meaning that all of us are shaping the world.

This year with Obama on the cover, he writes in the following:

"In 2006 I was Time Magazine's Person of the Year. Then in 2007 their Person of the Year issue only mentioned me in two paragraphs. And then as an added slap in the face, this year, they've made Barack Obama Person of the Year without any mention of me any where.

"Fed up by this downward spiral, I complained to a good friend. But my friend quoted Obama, by saying "this has never been about me. It's been about you." Meaning me. So once again, I'm Time Magazine's Person of the Year. After only a two paragraph mention last year, it's nice to be back on top."

No comments: